6/29/2011

Live the moment NOT the memory!


The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present. ~ Earle, Alice Morse


Things that make you go, hmm! Sadly, so many of us spend countless hours either dwelling on the past or stressing about what could happen in the future. All while the present moment slips away unappreciated.

Holding onto information, moments and memories is an essential part of our growth process. However, not every memory is worthy of a place in the minds rolodex. Its crucial to know what has value and what doesn’t. Clutter, weighs you down and that applies to the mind as well as our closets. It is also of vital importance to not get tricked by the idea that those memories are more valuable than what you are experiencing in the present. The only time we really have is now, so live the moment NOT the memory!

Don’t get me wrong. I have the memory of an elephant. I can pull up smells, sounds, a speech, a scene and in an instant, put myself back into a memory like the ghost of Christmas past. But, I try not to get stuck in my story and always strive to stay mindful of what I have right now and where I’m at.

As I head up the driveway to another year I can’t help but recognize the importance of time and how precious every moment is.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, nor to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly." ~Buddha

Live Love, Meredith 

1 comment: